We’ve supported scouting organizations for more than 25 years!
For many years, scout troops from all across Texas have come to us for the excitement that rock climbing offers. Texas Climbing Adventures believes that climbing encourages life skills that are in line with the mission that scouting organizations aim to promote in today’s youth. Goal setting, problem solving and growth in self-confidence stretch the minds of young climbers just as agility, balance and muscle strength build their bodies. Socially, rock climbing supports team building, trust, and self-esteem.
Texas Climbing Adventures welcomes the opportunity to introduce Girl Scouts of all abilities to the rewards of rock climbing. With a natural flexibility and core balance that facilitate climbing, girls are often surprised at how quickly they excel. Challenge presented in a supportive, yet fun-filled, environment, promotes a positive self-image and boosts confidence. Our guides have a willingness to answer questions, demonstrate techniques, and delight in introducing young climbers to the sport.
- Group instruction in harnessing, knots, climbing movement, belaying, communication
- Top-roping on novice and intermediate routes
- Belaying and back-up belaying
- Rappelling on vertical rock faces and overhangs
- Instruction generally begins by 8 a.m. and finishes up between 3 and 4 p.m. however, we can be flexible according to your groups needs.
- Minimum age 8
- We maintain a guide to student ratio of 1:6
- Limiting total group sizes to at most 30 climbers allows for adequate supervision and participation while respecting environmental impact concerns and permit restrictions
- Occasionally, accommodations for groups larger than 30 can be arranged
- Enchanted Rock Natural Area, Fredericksburg, Texas.
These awe-inspiring pink granite domes have a mystical quality that has drawn climbers for decades
- Milton Reimer’s Ranch, Dripping Springs, Texas.
Considered by the local climbing community to offer amazing single-pitch climbing
- Barton Creek Greenbelt, Austin, Texas
Diverse limestone routes offering challenge to both beginner and advanced climbers
- Enchanted Rock Natural Area, 1-day climb, $75 per scout
- Reimer’s Ranch or Barton Creek Greenbelt, 1-day climbs, $55 per scout
- Please supply a copy of your EIN Number or Non-Profit Charter in order to take advantage of these reduced rates.
- Camping is available at Enchanted Rock Natural Area and provides the perfect opportunity to emphasize minimizing impact along with camping and outdoor skills.
- Climbing shoes
- All ropes and climbing gear necessary